Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What's Mama Got to do With it???

I woke up this morning and low and behold there was Mama looking back at me in the mirror! When did she creep into my body and take over? Her eyes were there showing age in the corners and since when did her hands become mine? Alas....much to my horror, I'm not in my thirties or even forties any more. What's a Diva to do?

I've been giving this a lot of thought as of late. In fact, I even purchased a book entitled How Not to Look Old. Yep, who in the world would have thought that I needed help! The book was really pretty good. It told me how to put on my makeup, what to wear and what not wear, etc. However, it didn't tell me how not to feel thirty. I still feel thirty, but since I have a thirty year old daughter, I'm pretty sure that I'm not thirty anymore.

Lots of things happened to me in my forties. Once my children were grown, I ran away from home to a much larger town where I didn't know a soul, I helped start two companies, got married again (I said I'd never do that.), retired, married off my daughter, became a grandmother, bought a house and lost my companion dog of 16 1/2 years and a special friend. Should I wonder where the gray hair came from?

Just when I thought things were calming down I made a miss-step and broke every bone in my ankle! That was not fun. I'm still recovering from that little walk.

So...it is time to evaluate.....Yeah!!!! I'm still alive!!!! I'm a survivor!!!! There is so very much to tell about my life. I think this medium will allow me to reflect upon all that has happened and will maybe help someone out there along the way. If you aren't too bored, please tune in for the rest of the story......

No comments:

Post a Comment